Most customer service positions will be focused on one methods of communication. The most common are in-person, phone support, email support, and chat support, but social media is gaining in popularity as well. This question evaluates how you’ll do in whichever medium the role is focused on.
Why should we hire you as an IT help desk?
"Because I have what it takes to fill the requirements of this job – solve customer problems using my excellent customer service skills." "Because I have the experience and expertise in the area of customer support that is required in this position."
If you’ve used a related or comparable tool, talk about how you’ve used it, how it’s similar, and the ways in which your experience with it would set you up to succeed. Or you can talk about a time when you came into a situation and were able to learn new software or become familiar with a new tool quickly. Before you go into your interview, reread the job posting and note any software or other specialized tools mentioned. If you have experience with these programs, be prepared to talk about what you know and how you’ve used them. If you’re not found out during the hiring process, it’ll be clear once you start the job. This goes back to the central problem-solving aspect of customer service.
Other help desk interview questions you may face
A service level agreement is a contract between a business and its service providers that outlines the specific services provided and the expected quality of those services. There are many ways to troubleshoot these issues, but some common solutions are restarting the device, running a virus scan, or reinstalling the software. Prevention is key when it comes to computer issues – keeping your device updated and running a virus scan regularly can help avoid problems before they happen.
- If I can easily reproduce the problem myself, I will immediately try to solve it.
- This can often fix any corrupt files or settings that may be causing the issue.
- They’ll be less likely to have thought through what great customer service means to a business.
- This question is mainly intended to test your patience, your tolerance skills, and most importantly, the ability to keep your cool in stressful and demanding situations.
- After running a support team for years, Mat joined the marketing team at Help Scout, where we make excellent customer service achievable for companies of all sizes.
A Data Cable is a thin plastic band-like cable used to connect the Data-Devices such as Hard-disk drives , Floppy Disk Drives, CD/DVD-ROM drives with the motherboard. Sir, I follow some technology tabloids regularly and also keep me connected with social networking sites. On these platforms, I can see the technological advancement news easily.
Take your interview prep to the next level.
You might also inquire if they’ve had to use any system or network monitoring applications and what application tools they prefer. This help desk interview question tests how well the candidate prepped for the interview and gauges their enthusiasm for your company’s mission. You can follow up by asking candidates to describe your typical target https://remotemode.net/ customer and perhaps even what they see as alternative use cases for your product. Answers here may range from the general, such as Stack Overflow, The Verge and IT-related Reddit communities , to tech-specific blogs and social media feeds. This information can provide insight into candidates’ levels of engagement with the world of technology.
It is one of the most common job interview questions because it gives you an idea about what makes a candidate tick. Talk about your professional and educational background, personal interests. help desk engineer A disk partition divides the hard drive into specific small spaces for storage. The computer users should store applications and OS data on one partition and the user data on another.
What was the worst part of your previous job?
This is a very common question and will give you an idea of what type of experience the candidate has with computers. This answer should also include some possible solutions to prevent these issues from happening in the future . Suppose the position you’re interviewing for requires a high degree of technical knowledge.
- It allows DNS servers to locate a website or other services using its IP address.
- You will inevitably have to deal with unhappy customers in any customer service position.
- The reason you want to be in customer service and what customer service means to you should go hand-in-hand.
- Say that you will use a method of questions and answers while trying to identify the problem, and later solve it, step by step.
- Database administrators organize, store, and change data using specialized tools.